If you are interested in becoming a fully certified SCUBA instructor you can do it right here in Idaho.
To get the details of what it means to be a NAUI SCUBA Instructor you will want to call into the shop and schedule a one on one consultation with Charlie.
Course Fee: $1,295
(Includes Online Learning)
Prerequisites and Requirements
- Age – Minimum is 18 years.
- Experience – Specified for each Leadership course. Required logged dives shall be varied in environment and depth.
- Rescue Certification – At a minimum, Scuba Rescue Diver certification is required except for Skin Diving Instructor, for which a lifeguarding certification is adequate.
- CPR & First Aid Certification – Current certification or verified competency in CPR and First Aid is required for registration. Certification training shall include one person adult CPR, infant/child CPR, two person CPR and the use of rescue breathing barrier devices, e.g. pocket mask®, face shield.
- Medical Approval – Verification of good physical condition as documented by a medical examination and unconditional approval for diving by a licensed physician within the preceding 12 months.
- Administrative Requirements – Submit a complete course application, provide and be responsible for dive gear suitable for open water and provide all required texts and materials.
- Meet all course prerequisites.
- Be currently certified or have verified competency in CPR and first aid.
- Complete all portions of the course.
- Meet all course administrative requirements.
- Pass the applicable leadership exam with a score of 75% or better.